Friday, April 13, 2012

Oddisee – Hustle Off


Good news.. Oddisee is gearing up to release a new album. People Hear What They See, June 12th (pre-orders available now) via Mello Music Group. And while this cut will not be featured on the LP, it sets the tone quite nicely.
This album is about influence, inspiration, perception and reality. Every song was written in an outside environment, so that I could observe the subjects that would become my subject matter. All too often in Hip Hop, reality is limited to that of the artists own, actual experiences. People Hear What They See is my attempt to liberate the MC from those constraints and allow reality to be penned other than my own. Listening to congressmen and lawyers converse on the steps of the supreme court inspired “American Greed.” Watching a couple argue over the phone in a bar inspired “Maybes.” By having a visual representation of my subject matter, my hopes are that the listener will see them through the words and melodies of my songs. – Oddisee

DOWNLOAD: Oddisee – Hustle Off

No comments:

Post a Comment